Highways Driver Chargehand – Reactive
No. of vacancies: 3
Location: Enterprise House
Salary: £20,661 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week, 4 on, 4 off
Closing date: Ongoing
Brief description of the service, role and responsibilities:
Solutions SK are looking for experienced individuals to join our team carrying out minor civil engineering repairs on projects to predetermined time scales. We require experienced individual for our teams carrying out repair work to Stockport’s highways and footways, ideally you will have worked in a team, be self motivated and be proficient in the following areas:
- To safely carry out repairs and improvements to a variety of built environment infrastructure such as modular paving, kerb installation, bituminous macadam laying, concreting, pipe laying, hard and soft landscaping including drainage repair, excavation and shoring.
- To be aware of and have working knowledge and application of design drawings, specifications and civil engineering techniques.
- To ensure safe methods of working through the use of personal protective equipment, correct manual handling and the use of small plant/equipment such as excavators, roller/breaker, compactors, dumpers, motorised circular saws and other highways related equipment.
- To apply and abide by Health & Safety at Work Act, Road Traffic Act and apply safe methods of working by to all activities.
- To drive a range of vehicles with a gross weight of up to 32 tonnes Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV), which could also include tractors, tippers, HIAB crane, tail lift, pick-ups and transit vans.
For further information about this vacancy, please view the following documents.
If you wish to apply for this vacancy please download and complete the Application & Monitoring Information forms below.
Both completed forms should be returned using the address or email details found on this page. Please remember to state the job reference number when you complete an application form.